Of all the foods available to us, fruits are the most attractive, delicious and enjoyable. Yes! They are loaded with a lot of vitamins and nutrients, but the question is, do you benefit from them all? Just like you wear your pants correctly, you also need to eat your fruits in the right way so as to get maximum benefits from them.
Natural Hygienists have known for a long time that fruits do not combine well with other foods. This simply tells us that they need to be treated specially. Unlike other foods, fruits do not stay long in the stomach; they contain simple sugars that require no digestion. Hence, if you eat fruit after a meal, the fruit sugar will stay for too long in the stomach and ferment. This is one of the reasons for digestive problem and subsequent hatred for certain fruits. Now see how and when to eat the fruits.
- Eat fruits alone with no other foods.
- Eat fruits in an empty stomach, or at least 15-20minutes to 1 hour before the main meal.
- Do not mix acid fruits with sweet fruits. For example, do not mix pineapple or grapefruit with banana.
- Eat Melons alone, especially if you have a history of digestive problems. Melons are 90 percent liquid and leave the stomach quickly if not delayed and fermented by combining with other foods.
- Do not combine fruits with any vegetables except lettuce and celery
Note please: Respect these tips even if your life of imprudent eating defy all food combining rules.