Here comes a hot tip that you should not underrate. It is simple but has a massive effect.
Squeeze the juice of lemon into a glass of water. Drink this first thing in the morning, or about 30 minutes before taking breakfast.
Here are the benefits you will get from this drink.
- Stimulation of hydrochloric acid production. This will help you to digest your food better and relive symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn, bloating and belching.
- Increase in metabolism. This sets your body up for better digestion for the rest of the day. Many have testified of the weight loss property of lemon juice due to its ability to increase metabolism.
- Detoxification. This is the body's natural, ongoing process of neutralizing or eliminating toxins from the body. Toxins (anything that can potentially harm body tissue) are transformed chemically to less harmful compounds and excreted through stools or urine. Lemon is a diuretic and hence lemon water helps to flush our bacteria and toxins out of the body. The bitter taste of lemon helps with liver function and detoxification. A functional liver produces a clearer skin texture and a more energetic individual.
- Strong immunity. Lemons are rich in vitamin C. This vitamin is an important antioxidant that helps to neutralize free radicals in the body, both protecting cells from damage and repairing damaged cells.
- Good elimination. This drink can cure constipation by aiding the bowels to eliminate waste more efficiently.
HOW MUCH SHOULD YOU DRINK?
In case you are in good health and weigh 70kg or less, it is advisable for you to have juice of one-half of lemon squeezed into one glass of water. However, if you weigh more than 70kg, juice one whole lemon in a glass of water. For maximum benefit, this mixture should be taken two times a day, though you may dilute more lemon juice according to your taste if you wish. Due to its strong cleansing effect on the liver, it is possible that you may start to feel worse for a couple days before you feel better. As the body begins eliminating toxins, it is common to experience what is commonly referred to as a ‘healing crisis’. Not everyone will go through this, but just be aware that it is natural and a necessary part of regaining good health.
Other health benefits of lemon include:
High blood pressure control- Lemon water works wonders for people having heart problem owing to it high potassium content. It controls dizziness as well as provides relaxation to mind and body, and reduces mental stress and depression.
Skin care- Being a natural antiseptic, lemon can cure skin problems. Its vitamin C richness enhances beauty by rejuvenating the skin from within and thus bringing glow to the face. It acts as an anti-aging remedy and can remove wrinkles and blackheads. Due to its cooling effect, it can be used to reduce burning sensation on the skin.
Cancer fighting- Lemons contain a flavonol called limonin, which has been shown to fight cancer of the skin, lung, mouth, stomach and colon. A scientific study conducted by the U.S. Agricultural Research Service (a division of the U.S. Department of Agriculture) showed that the human body is able to easily absorb limonin from citrus fruits such as lemons.
Cure for Throat infections- Due to its antibacterial property, lemon is excellent in fighting throat infections like sore throat and tonsillitis. For sore throat, dilute one-half lemon juice with half cup of water and gargle frequently.
Dental care- Applying fresh lemon juice on areas of toothache can help in getting rid of the pain. Lemon juice can stop gum bleeding and give relief from bad smell.
Do not just remain oblivious of the gifts of nature such as this, always try and make the most of them. So, make it a part of your daily routine to drink a glass of warm lemon water in the morning and then open your gateway to enjoy its health benefits.
STAY LEMON HAPPY!